Account Support

How do I change my address?

To change your address you may visit the branch, or download and mail this Member Account Update Form to:

Kekaha Credit Union
832 South Hotel Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813

Please have your signature notarized if you are mailing in the request for address change.

Can I change my address online?

Address change requests may be processed at our branch, or you may submit your request in writing by mail. To protect you and your accounts, we prefer that you have your signature notarized for requests submitted by mail.

How do I add/remove a Beneficiary and/or Joint Owner on my account?

Please visit the branch or call us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance.

Do I have to close my account if I move out of state?

Once you join Kekaha Credit Union, you may remain a member for life, even if you move or change jobs. Search our Locations page for Shared Branches where you may process transactions.

How do I change my name on my VISA® Debit Card and/or Credit Card?

Please visit the branch or call us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance.

Can I change my password?

Please visit the branch or call us at (808) 337-1433 to determine what password you are requesting to change.

Are my accounts federally insured?

A credit union (CU) is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution owned and run by member-owners to provide a safe place to save and borrow money at reasonable rates.

Unlike a bank or other for-profit financial institution, a CU gives its profits back to its members in the form of higher account rates, lower loan rates, lower service fees and other valuable services. Like a bank, the Federal Government insures deposits for CUs. The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) is the federal fund created by Congress in 1970 to insure members' accounts at CUs up to the federal limit.

Administered by the National Credit Union Administration, the NCUSIF is backed by the "full faith and credit" of the U.S. government. To join a CU, you must be eligible for membership as determined by the CU's charter. Most CUs are organized to serve people in a particular community, group or groups of employees or members of an organization or association.

Can I make a deposit to an ATM that is NOT the credit union ATM? Does it matter if it is a check or cash deposit?

Check deposits may be transacted at many of Aloha Pacific Federal Credit Union's ATMs on Oahu. Our ATMs do not accept cash deposits. Please visit the Kekaha branch or any APFCU branch to conduct cash transactions.

Can I open a Checking Account for my child?

Minors (under age 18) require a parent or legal guardian as joint member on the account. All programs require membership ($5 in a savings account).

Can I open an account online?

You may visit the branch to open your account, or you may complete the Member Application form located in our Membership tab before visiting a branch.

Can I refinance my car loan?

Please visit our branch or contact us for assistance.

Can my relative join the credit union?

To become a member, you must belong to one of the groups (or common bonds) listed here and maintain $5 in your savings account:

  • former employees of the Kekaha Sugar Mill; residents of Kauai
  • immediate family members and household members of an existing credit union member
  • Kekaha CU employees
  • organizations of such persons
  • SEGS (Select Employee Groups) as approved by the Board of Directors (more than 2,000 groups including City & County of Honolulu employees, Hawaii Government Employees Association, Waipahu Community Association, and many others)

Please see our Membership page for additional information.

Can you add my address to a Verification of Deposit (VOD)?

Upon your request, we will include your address on the Account Verification form.

Can you include the Dividend Rate on a Verification of Deposit (VOD)?

Verification of Deposit (VOD) includes the member's name, account type and current balance. Dividend rates are subject to change.

What rates and terms do you offer on Certificates?

Kekaha Credit Union offers flexible term Certificate Accounts and competitive dividend rates to meet our members' needs. Our Rates are listed on the website, or you can visit the branch for additional information.

Checks: I have not received my check order. What should I do?

Please visit our branch or contact us for assistance at (808) 337-1433.

What is the cost of ordering checks for my checking account?

You may order one box of checks per year at no cost. Additional check order costs depend on the style/design of the checks.

Checks: Why am I unable to order checks online?

If your last check order was more than 12 months ago, the check vendor will direct you to your financial institution. This is a safety precaution to protect our members from possible fraudulent activity on their accounts.

I travel often and have a hard time paying my VISA credit card on time. Is there a way I can pay automatically and avoid the late fees?

You may make your payments via Online Banking. However, we currently are unable to set up automatic payments to your VISA® credit card.

How do I dispute an unauthorized charge on my VISA® credit card?

Call VISA®'s Customer Service at 1-800-442-4757 to report unauthorized charges. You may file a dispute claim on a VISA® transaction that you did not perform or one with which you do not agree.

Do you process credit card limit increase requests online?

You may be able to apply for an increase online. Upon receiving and reviewing your application, our loan office will contact you for additional information.

If a member is under the age of 18, can he/she apply for a loan, VISA® credit card or overdraft protection?

Members must be at least 18 years of age to apply for credit at Kekaha Credit Union.

Where do I send my VISA® Credit Card payments?

Your VISA® Credit Card payments may be made at the branch or you may mail payments to:

P.O. Box 672051
Dallas, TX 75267-2021

Can I pay my VISA® Credit card through Bill Payment?

Bill Payment Service allows members the ability to pay recurring or one-time payments from a checking account. However, because credit card payments can be different from one payment to another, you may elect not to set your payment as recurring.

Do you have an audio response system?

KalaTalk is a FREE service that offers members the ability to manage their credit union account(s) using a touch-tone telephone.

Please refer Services page for additional information.

Does the credit union offer free Bill Payment?

This state-of-the-art system makes paying bills fast and convenient. Using our Bill Payment Service, members can make unlimited payments per month for FREE.

You must have a Kekaha Credit Union checking account and have enrolled in Online Banking to utilize the Service.

Click on Online Banking & Bill Payment for more details. Or visit any of the branch or call us for assistance.

How can I export my account history to Quicken or MS Money?

You may obtain your account history through our Online Banking service. Please visit any of our branch locations or call us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance.

How do I access my account online?

To access your account online, you must enroll in Online Banking. Visit our Online Banking & Bill Payment page for details. Or call us at (808) 337-1433 for additional assistance.

How do I order a new ATM or VISA® Debit card?

You may order a new ATM or VISA® Debit card by visiting the branch or calling us at (808) 337-1433.

How long does it take to receive a replacement ATM/Debit card? Replacement card(s) and PIN(s) will arrive within 7 to 10 business days. New PIN(s) arrive approximately 1-4 days after the card(s).

How do I order/reorder checks online?

You may order checks through Online Banking by logging into your account from our homepage at From there, navigate to the Reorder Checks link listed under Additional Services from the main navigation menu.

Or, you can order checks by accessing the re-ordering website.

How long does a foreign check take to be credited to my account?

Foreign checks are credited to members' accounts upon receiving the funds. This may take up to 30 days.

How long does it take a payment to get to a company through Bill Payment?

Loan payments are accepted at the branch, by telephone at (808) 337-1433, telephone banking (KalaTalk) and Online Banking.

How many accounts can I open?

Members may open up to 10 accounts with different account numbers and different ownerships. Each account must maintain $5 in the savings account.

How much cash can I withdraw from my account at a branch?

Generally you may withdraw up to your available balance. If you intend to withdraw a large amount, please contact us in advance so that we may plan accordingly to assist you.

I have 2 separate checking accounts. Can I use Bill Payment Service with both checking accounts?

Members are provided unlimited bill payment transactions per month per account at no charge.

I have a check payable to my daughter. Can I deposit the check into my account?

Generally, checks must be deposited to the account of the payee. If your child is a minor, please bring their birth certificate and Social Security card along with the check to any of our branches. The manager will make the determination if we are able to negotiate the check for you.

I have a loan with the credit union and I am considering filing bankruptcy. I do not want to include the credit union in the bankruptcy, what do I do?

We recommend that you seek legal counsel regarding your intention to file for bankruptcy.

I received a text message on my phone claiming to be from the credit union indicating my account is frozen and directing me to call a number to reactivate my account. Is this a legitimate message?

Please do not respond to this text message. Contact us by visiting the branch  or call us at (808) 337-1433.

What type of identification is required for minors?

Minors between the ages of 0 - 4 must provide a Social Security card for identification.

Minors between the ages of 5 - 17 must provide a government issued identification (i.e. state identification, driver's license, passport, military identification).

Parents or legal guardians of the minor must provide the birth certificate and if applicable, guardianship documents for the child.

If other members transfer money to my account, or if I transfer money to another members account, can they see my balance?

Kekaha CU members can transfer money to another member's Kekaha CU account and any APFCU Divisions account through Online Banking

Also, if you provide us with the name and account number of another member, we may transfer funds upon request and in person.

We do not transfer funds to another member's account over the phone.

If we process the transfer, the receiving member is not provided a receipt. You, as the requester, will receive a receipt for the transfer transaction; however, the balance of the receiving member's account is not displayed on your receipt.

What do I do if my information is not updated at the credit bureau?

You may address your concerns with the credit reporting agency.

I applied for a loan online. Can I check the status?

Please call us to check the status of your online loan application. If you have previously established a user profile through the Online Application Center of Kekaha CU, you can use the "Returning Users" login box on the loan application page.

How do I order loan payment coupon books?

Members may visit the Kekaha branch to re-order loan payment coupon books, or call us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance.

Who can I call to discuss my delinquent loan?

You may contact us at (808) 337-1433 and speak with a representative in the Consumer Loan Department.

How can I pay my loan from another bank or financial institution?

Loan payments generated from another bank or credit union must be set up through that bank/credit union. Please refer to your bank/credit union to set up your payments.

Is there a grace period on my consumer loan payment?

Your loan payment is due on the due date. Please visit our branch or call us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance.

Where can I mail my loan payment?

You may mail your loan payments to:

Kekaha Credit Union
832 South Hotel Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813

I am making my last consumer loan payment. How do I obtain a payoff?

You may obtain your payoff balance by visiting the branch or calling us at (808) 337-1433.

Can I make my loan payment over the phone and online?

Loan payments are accepted at the branch, by telephone at (808) 337-1433, telephone banking (KalaTalk) and Online Banking.

My vehicle is financed with the credit union. May I take the vehicle out of the state?

To request to ship a vehicle out of the state, you will be asked to complete an Authorization to Ship Automobile form.

Please visit the branch location or call (808) 337-1433 for additional documentation and information requirements.

What is Courtesy Pay?

Courtesy Pay under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) covers one-time debit card transactions when your account does not have sufficient funds to cover the debit(s). 

Kekaha CU offers Overdraft Privilege, a non-contractual courtesy that is available to individually/jointly owned accounts in good standing for personal or household use. Click HERE to find out more.

How does an overdraft line of credit work?

Overdraft line of credit is a loan product that's attached to your checking account. A credit limit is established and funds are advanced to cover any shortages in your checking account, up to the specified limit.

When your overdraft line of credit covers a Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) item, you could avoid NSF fees, and any returned check fees that may be imposed by the merchant.

When you write checks and you do not have the available funds there will be an automatic transfer/advance from your available funds in your Overdraft Line to your checking account, in increments of $100, to cover the item(s).

Are there any fees associated with the overdraft line of credit account?

There are no annual fees and no pre-payment penalties. Late payment fees do apply.

How do I sign up for an Overdraft Line of Credit?

A credit application and approval is required for an overdraft line of credit account. You can apply online by visiting our Personal Loans page, or stop by one of our convenient branch locations.

How does overdraft protection from my savings account to my checking account work?

When you specify overdraft protection from savings account, we will automatically transfer funds from the available balance in your savings to the checking account in the event your checking account balance is not sufficient to cover an item presented for payment.

Transfers from the savings account are made in the amount that is needed to cover the insufficient transaction amount and are subject to Regulation D, which limits the number of unsigned transfers to six (6) per month. There is a fee for the transfer.

Can I change my Personal Identification Number (PIN) for my ATM or Debit card?

Members are able to change their PIN on their ATM or debit card by visiting a branch or by calling the Call Center using option 4.

If you know you PIN, you can also change it at any APFCU ATM.

If I want my child (under age) to use my VISA® Credit or Debit card, do I need a separate card or account for him/her? Can I just let him/her use my card? Should I order an extra card in my name for my child to use?

Members are able to select their own PIN when they call to activate their card using their primary phone number that is on file.

Also, members are able to change their PIN on their ATM or debit card by visiting a branch or by calling the Call Center using option 4.

If you know your PIN, you can also change it at any APFCU ATM.

I have questions regarding Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs). Who can I call?

Please visit the branch or call us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance with your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) questions.

What is our credit union's routing number for direct deposits and bill payments?

For setting up a direct deposit or bill payment, use the routing number (also known as ABA number): 321379148

For incoming wire funds transfer, use the following information and routing numbers:

Credit to: Catalyst Corporate FCU
Address: 6801 Parkwood Blvd Plano TX 75024
ABA Number: 311990511

Credit to: Aloha Pacific FCU
Address: 832 S. Hotel Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813
Account Number: 3213-7914-8

Final credit: Member’s Name
Account Number: Member’s Account Number Savings or Checking (member specifies type of account to credit)

What is the cost for producing check copies and account statements?

If you currently are enrolled in online banking for your account(s) at Kekaha Credit Union, you are able to obtain and print your account statements and checks from your home computer. Your statements and checks are available on a rolling 12-month period. If you do not have online banking, please contact us or visit our website for the current schedule of fees.

What is the fee for depositing a foreign check?

Please refer to the Personal Fee Schedule on the Rates page or call us at (808) 337-1433.

How do I transfer funds from my credit union account to another financial institution via Internet Account Access?

We do not have the option to transfer funds from your Kekaha Credit Union account to an account at another financial institution. Please visit any of our branches or contact us for Bill Payment options that may meet your needs.

How many fees can I be assessed?

For personal accounts, visit the Personal Fee Schedule on the Rates page of our Banking section.

For business accounts, visit the Business Fee Schedule area on the Rates page of our Business section.

What are the overdraft fees?

Please contact us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance.

How much does it cost for a check/draft stop payment?

Our fees are subject to change, so please contact us or visit the Personal Fee Schedule on the Rates page.

Are there any service fees for using Telephone Banking?

This is a free service. Please visit our Services page for current information regarding Telephone Banking (KalaTalk).

If I want my child (under age) to use my VISA® Credit or Debit card, do I need a separate card or account for him/her? Can I just let him/her use my card? Should I order an extra card in my name for my child to use?

A member under the age of 18 is not eligible to have a VISA credit or debit card.

What is the fee for travelers cheques?

There is no fee for Kekaha CU members wishing to purchase travelers cheques. Contact us for more details.

What is the turnaround time for Verification of Deposits (VODs)?

You may visit the branch and request a Verification of Deposit form. Our member service representatives will generally complete the Verification of Deposit form as you wait.

What are the dividend rates?

Current rates are posted on Rates page.

You can also type in Rates in the Search function. Or call us at (808) 337-1433.

What information do you need if my relative wants to join the credit union? Do I need to come in with him/her? What proof do you need that he/she is related to me?

Membership is open to immediate family members of our members. Family members should be prepared to provide the name of their relative and need not provide proof of relationship. As the member of our credit union, you are not required to accompany your relative to the credit union.

What is my member number?

For security reasons, confidential information such as member numbers are usually condensed on documents we generate. If you are positively identified and pass the Multi-Factor authentication process, your member number may be provided.

What is my PIN Number?

Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is dependent on the type of service. Please visit our branch or call us at (808) 337-1433 for assistance.

What is the difference between an ATM card and a debit card?

Kekaha Credit Union ATM cards are PIN based and are used primarily for ATM transactions (withdrawals and deposits).

Debit cards (check cards) offer ATM transaction capability as well as point-of-sale transactions (purchases at merchants that accept VISA cards). When processing a debit card purchase, you may either use your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or signature.

What type of identification is required when applying for membership with the credit union?

Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.

As such, when you open an account, we will ask for this information:

  • Your name
  • Street address
  • Date of birth
  • Taxpayer Identification Number
  • A valid ID

Acceptable valid identifications are:

  • Driver's license
  • State identification
  • Military identification
  • Passport

Your identification must contain a photo and:

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Resident street address
  • Place of issuance
  • Identification number
  • Issue date
  • Expiration date

When are dividends paid to member's accounts?

Dividends are calculated on an average daily balance, compounded monthly and credited to member's account(s) at the end of each month.

When does the Holiday Savings balance transfer to my checking or savings account?

Generally, the balance in the Holiday Savings is transferred on October 1 of each year. You may enroll at any time.

Please find more details on our Holiday Savings page.

Where are your ATMs located?

Each Aloha Pacific FCU branch has an ATM. Also, there are Aloha Pacific FCU ATMs in several locations on Oahu.

In addition, First Hawaiian Bank, American Savings Bank and Hawaii National Bank ATMs are surcharge-free for Kekaha CU members. (Please note that after the first five (5) transactions per month at non-APFCU ATMs, there is a $1 fee per transaction.)

Please search our Locations page for more information.

Why do I get the Call Center when I call the Kekaha branch?

To better service members in the branch as well as members who are requesting assistance through the telephone, overflow calls are routed through our Call Center. In the event you need to speak with a specific employee, the Call Center representative will forward your call to the appropriate person.

Why does my deposit not appear in my account?

Please contact us to provide us with additional information.

Why is my account balance and available balance different?

Your current balance is the amount of funds in your account, but the lesser available balance represents transactions that are pending.

Will I receive a tax statement? (i.e. 1099-INT, 1098, etc.)

Did you receive more than $10 in dividends for your account(s) or paid $600 or more of interest on a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)?

To check the YTD (Year To Date) Dividends you received or the total mortgage interest you paid, please refer to your December account statement.

If you enrolled for Online eStatements before December 15, a copy of your electronic tax statements will be available to print/download through Online Banking. Otherwise, a copy of your tax statement(s) will be delivered to you if you receive printed statements by mail.


  • If you maintain multiple account numbers, you receive a 1099-INT for each account that earned more than $10 in dividends.
  • You will not receive a 1099-INT tax statement if the dividends you received on an account was $10 or less.
  • You will not receive a 1098 tax statement if you paid less than $600 of interest on a HELOC.
  • If you obtained a mortgage loan through APFCU, your mortgage is being serviced by CUSO of Hawaii Services. For more information and assistance, visit the CUSO of Hawaii Services website or call 808-539-0172 (U.S. toll free, 1-800-708-2876).
  • You can log into Online Banking by going to and enter your login credentials in the Sign In box. Click on 'Online eStatements' to download and print your tax statement(s).
  • If you closed your Kekaha CU account or paid off your HELOC before December 31, please refer to the last statement you received.

How do I send a wire transfer to my credit union account?

Members must provide the following information to the person who is wiring funds into the credit union:

Credit to: Catalyst Corporate FCU
Address: 6801 Parkwood Blvd Plano TX 75024
ABA Number: 311990511 FOR

Credit to: Aloha Pacific FCU
Address: 832 S. Hotel Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813
Account Number: 3213-7914-8

Final credit: Member’s Name
Account Number: Member’s Account Number Savings or Checking (member specifies type of account to credit)

How long does it take to credit a Wire Transfer to my account?

Wires received by 2:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time are processed on the same business day that they are received.

Can wire transfers be rushed?

The length of time that wire transfers take to be received and credited to your account will depend on the time difference and initiating financial institution. Please contact the financial institution where the wire transfer was initiated.